Prep, prime, & set makeup like a pro
By: Dani Parker, Lead Beauty Specialist
We want to help you learn to prep, prime, and set your makeup like a professional makeup artist. Primers and setting sprays are every makeup artists BFF. They make a flawless finish possible. At Vis-a-Vis, they’re our bread and butter!
Primers are an excellent way to fill in pores, fine lines, smooth facial hair and inconsistent skin appearance. At Vis-a-vis, we use MUD (Makeup Designer) primer before a makeup application to create a smooth and even palate.
How to use face primer like a pro:
- Start with a clean and properly moisturized face. You don’t want to have flakey skin it will make your complexion with makeup look chalky.
- Apply a pea-sized amount of primer using the tips of your fingers. Dab a small amount on your nose/outer nostrils, chin and forehead. Smooth any excess towards your cheeks and outer face.
How to use eyelid primer like a pro:
Eyelid/shadow primers act like a deodorant sucking up surface oils on the lid and can keep your shadow looking flawless all day. We use Blinc primer before every shadow application!
- Apply a small amount over the entire lid past the crease using your fingertips.
- Blend evenly over your lid.
- Enjoy beautiful shadow that stays put!
Not a primer person?
If primers aren’t your thing and you like to keep your makeup to a minimum, try using a setting spray. V2 Calming Toner is a beast when it comes to setting up your flawless finish! After your makeup is applied and just before mascara, spray your entire face with about 5 spritzes (from a distance!) and let dry. Voila! Just like that you have an airbrushed finish that lasts all day! Hello, summer skin