Sunless Tanning at Vis-a-Vis
Safe, effective tanning in Ann Arbor
Let’s face it. Michigan isn’t the bronzed goddess capital of the world. Our harsh winters and 5-8 months of chilly weather don’t lend themselves to an amazing tan – until now. It’s time for your Vis-a-Vis vacation!
Our organic, sunless tanning sessions will safely and effectively help you achieve that coveted California complexion. Airbrush spray tanning is an awesome, healthy alternative to harmful forms on indoor tanning. Skip the booth (and the melanoma) and schedule a sunless tanning session. Your esthetician will be proud!
Bronzed Belle: Female Airbrush Tanning - $39
Hey, ladies! Dying for that post-vacay glow? This airbrush tanning session has you covered! Derived from brown sugar and organic apples, this is a natural alternative to your typical spray tan. Our versatile formula can be customized to fit any skin tone and will leave your skin looking golden (never orange) and flawless. Our Bronzed Belle tan lasts 7-10 days and is the perfect way to achieve a gorgeous glow safely and effectively.
Bronzed Beau: Male Airbrush Tanning - $39
Hey, fellas! Dying for that post-vacay glow? This airbrush tanning session has you covered! Derived from brown sugar and organic apples, this is a natural alternative to your typical spray tan. Our versatile formula can be customized to fit any skin tone and will leave your skin looking golden (never orange) and flawless. Our Bronzed Beau tan lasts 7-10 days and is the perfect way to achieve a gorgeous glow safely and effectively.
Sunless Tanning FAQ
If you’ve never experienced sunless tanning, it can seem a bit mysterious. We’ve answered some of the most frequent questions we get about these sessions. We hope our honest answers will put you at ease! To make the most of your tan, please carefully follow our BEFORE & AFTER instructions below.
What should I do BEFORE my session?
- Thoroughly exfoliate and shave (or wax) prior to your tan
- Avoid wearing make-up, moisturizers, and deodorant to your appointment. These products will prevent the airbrush solution from developing properly.
- Wear dark colored, loose fitting clothing and sandals to your appointment. We don’t want to get airbrush solution on your favorite outfit!
- Workout, wax, and get your mani/pedi PRIOR TO your tanning session!
What should I do AFTER my session?
- Do not shower, work out, or get wet for 5-7 hours after your tanning session.
- After your first shower, use lotion twice daily for AT LEAST one week. Maintaining moisturized skin will help your tan last and fade evenly. We recommend you use either Lavish Tan Extending Moisturizer (available at Vis-a-Vis) or V2 Universal Moisturizer.
- Avoid chlorinated Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms.
- Limit your amount of intense physical activity for a longer lasting tan.
- Take cooler showers and avoid baths for a longer lasting tan.
- Avoid using harsh scrubs and scented body wash.
- Apply oil-free sunscreen before sun exposure. Your tanning specialist can recommend a great sunscreen to fit your skincare needs after your session.
Why sunless tanning?
Estheticians and Dermatologists alike cringe when they hear that a guest or patient has used a tanning bed, booth, or sunlamp. Indoor tanning increases a person’s risk of skin cancer exponentially. Indoor tanning of this kind can also cause premature aging, changes in skin texture, diseases of the eye and even blindness. Although everyone loves a beautiful tan, risking these harmful side effects simply isn’t worth it. If you need Vitamin D, orange juice, milk, fatty fish (like Salmon), and oatmeal are all excellent sources. If you need a gorgeous, safely acquired tan, come to Vis-a-Vis.
How can I make my tan last the longest?
On average, our airbrush tanning sessions last 7-10 days. However, with good pre-tan preparation, proper home care, and limited strenuous activity, they may last longer. Choosing the perfect home care products can really help extend the life of your tan. Try Lavish Tan: Tan Extender or V2 Universal Moisturizer. These formulas will keep your skin moisturized and help your tan last longer and fade more evenly. After your service, your tanning specialist will provide you with a post-care brochure so you know how to best care for your tan!
What if I have super light skin?
The formula we use during out airbrush tanning sessions may be custom blended to provide the perfect base for any skin tone! You’ll always come out looking flawless.
Do I have to be naked for my session?
Nope. As with all of our services at Vis-a-Vis, you may undress to your comfort level. Guests may choose to wear their bathing suit, undies*, or our disposable paper undergarments. However, most guests choose to go au naturel to avoid tan lines altogether! Be aware that any covering you choose to wear will come with its unique set of tan lines – just like at the beach!
*If you can, avoid wearing your favorite undergarments. Your tanning specialist will try their best to keep it clean, but in the interest of providing the smoothest tan some excess solution may appear on whatever garments you choose to wear. We’d hate for your favorite white bikini to be as tan as you!